Wednesday 3 July 2013

Simple, Easy, and Delicious Butternut Squash That Tastes Like Candy!

I'll tell you folks, eating healthy is a never ending journey!  I am always on the look out for new and exciting things as Science changes all the time.  Sometimes they come to me in the form of workouts.  Sometimes they come in the form of knowledge or new science.  But I got to be honest with you here; as much as I love new workout routines and learning new science, there is nothing more exciting to me than learning about how to create and make new and exciting food dishes.

Butternut Squash
Butternut Squash
 

Here is an unbelievably delicious recipe that my wife and I found just a few weeks ago and it will change the way you look at dinner.  LOL   Well at least for us, it was like eating candy with our protein!  Crazy part is, this great taste came from BUTTERNUT SQUASH!  Yes you read that correctly!
Here is how you make it happen:

Ingredients:

  • 1 butternut squash (doesn't matter the size)
  • cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup orange juice (use the one with lots of pulp.  Don't lose the fiber and just have sugar juice here)
  • 1/3 cup agave nectar (organic if possible)

Pre-Heat Oven to 450 degrees

  1. Start off by cutting your squash into 4 equal quarters.  BE CAREFUL HERE AS SQUASH IS SUPER HARD!  DONT CUT YOUR DAM FINGERS OFF!  YOU NEED THEM TO KEEP LIFTING!  Scoop out the guts of the squash and discard!
  2. Place the quarters into a glass cooking pan.
  3. Sprinkle cinnamon on top of all the spheres.
  4. Mix the orange juice and the agave into a small dish.  Once combined, simply pour the mixture evenly over the squash.
  5. Cover with foil and bake in oven for 40-45 minutes.

bs 2


  • TIP: I like to make sure that I let some juice sit in the pocket of the squash.  I do this, so when done, I can mix it into the rest of the squash from the top piece.
Once squash is done, carefully scoop out the squash and mix it all together with the juices.  AMAZING!


We choose to have Fish with it this night, but it goes well with anything!
We choose to have Fish with it this night, but it goes well with anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment